Thursday, December 06, 2007

Time to go shopping

I had it.

A very good gift for my wife. A surprise gift. One completely unasked for but which would have elicited excitement and wonderment about 2.5 weeks from now.

4 tickets to Bon Jovi and Daughtry for their show here in April. It was all going so well - I knew about the concert and she didn't. I found a way to get tickets before they went on sale so I could actually buy them for list price (although that is highway robbery itself...). A couple of weeks later, she learned about the concert and we went through a thankfully fruitless search for reasonably-priced tickets online. At that point, I thought the surprise was safe.

But today we both heard they had scheduled a 2nd show. I knew my plan was in trouble when I heard it, but then I came home from work to hear her talking to her friends about plans to buy tickets to the 2nd show. Oh no. Mere minutes later I knew it was all over. I could no longer keep my gift a secret.

She was of course very surprised and excited, but it wasn't the same to me. So close!

So now, I need another cool idea. Please help!

1 comment:

Maddy said...

I'm so out of the loop I have no idea what could possibly be described as cool? Best of luck and I love the fact that you're so enthusiastic over this.
Best wishes
This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.