Monday, August 06, 2007

Linked up

Last year at this time I wrote about the 1st annual Tiana Foundation golf tournament. Guess what? The 2nd annual event was just as great! Saturday was a beautiful day and I got to spend it not only supporting a great charity, but I also got to spend several hours with good friends laughing as much as golfing.

The Tiana Foundation has grown quite a bit in the past year and they have been able to support quite a few families in their darkest hour. I'm glad to be able to support this work, but I'm even more proud to have the founders as friends and it's just been incredible to see them both grow through a very hard time into such highly respected people in our community.


In that same post last year, I wrote about our own tough times 5 years ago and about Grace who continues to inspire us all. Here she is playing in our pool a few weeks ago. She is learning how to walk now and is really starting to show a lot more interaction with those around her. We love to see her big smile every week in Club Kangaroo - you should see her light up when Mr. M comes into play harmonica for the kids each week! You may also recognize Grace from a pic last month in my post about our summer vacation - she and Owen have a true bond which never ceases to remind me how of how pure a friendship can be at times.

No comments: