Monday, July 16, 2007

Just the facts

It finally happened. What, you ask? After a year of blogging, I got tagged for a meme, thanks to Jerry over at My Autistic Boy and Other Adventures in Fatherhood. Without further ado...

The rules:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.

  • I've never worn sunglasses. I've tried them on a few times in the past and they just seem really, really uncomfortable and... dark? Why would anybody want it darker outside when it's nice and sunny?
  • I've never been drunk. I'm always amazed that this seems to be most people's favorite thing to do, or at least it seems that way. There are a ton of reasons for my lack of experience in this area. 1) I'm cheap. Drinks are expensive. I go about 220 so it would take a lot of drinks to get me drunk and that would cost too much. 2) I've had several relatives with serious drinking problems; I've seen what destruction this can cause and I want no part of it in my life. 3) I don't feel the need to 'escape'. I have a great time with friends just being ourselves, no need to fake it.
  • My one talent in life is the siren. Ok, this isn't exactly news if you've been reading here for awhile, but I can't really list 8 facts about myself w/o talking about the siren. Last Friday, I let a few loose outside of the Angels game - the reactions are so funny!
  • We are currently not communicating with my parents. I haven't mentioned this here in my blog; I tend to focus on the positive if I can. The story goes back 18 years to the start of Staci's and my relationship; one of these days I'll write about it. Suffice it to say that the last "episode" so clearly layed bare my mom's true feelings that it just was not healthy for my own wife and kids to have a relationship with her right now.
  • Today is our 16th wedding anniversary! We had the absolute best dinner at Il Fornaio tonight to celebrate - I love you, Staci!
  • When it comes to music, I listen to a little of everything but the majority of it is country. Back in the 16-23 year old time frame, I was much more into heavy rock/metal. At some point, it hit me that it really affected the way I thought during the day and how I saw the world. I still enjoy a little Led Zeppelin from time to time, but I try to mostly listen to music that makes me a more enjoyable person to be around.
  • I love watching movies, but I never remember anything about them; I barely can remember which movies I've seen before. A couple of my good friends are the type that can remember every single movie they've seen and then start quoting lines from a movie they saw years ago. How do they do that!? Another thing about movies I will confess here is that I actually enjoy chick-flicks (did I just say that?). I'm a total sucker for a feel-good movie or a love story.
  • I was an English major in college, with a concentration in Career Writing. I thought for sure that I would write, or read - somehow, somewhere - for a living. Somehow I took a detour into the software world and never looked back. I love what I do, but someday...
Now it's my turn to do the tagging - again, my first time. I'll try to pick 8 who have not already posted this meme in their blog:

3 comments:

Mom without a manual said...

Happy Anniversary!

Atleast we now know we will never see you wearing sunglasses to hide your hangover! I have to say that there is nothing wrong with not drinking. We have alcoholism in my family as well so I am not a big drinker either.

Sorry to hear about your parents. But you have a beautiful family. It is your parents loss. Family (big sigh) what more can I say?

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how what you listen to affects how you see the world, isn't it? I think that is why I am drawn to country music so much, too.

I discovered you through Melissa H., I think, about a month ago, but I haven't taken the time to say "hi". I too look forward to reading more about you and yours.

BTW, my husband has never been drunk either. I think that is just awesome!

AshleyLeo said...

No sensitive eyes in your family, aye? ha ha THanks for the tag. I'll get busy later this week...Very interesting fun trivia, and sorry about the family stuff. HOpefully things can start over at some point. Ashley