Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Too much TV

OK, I admit it (that's the 1st step, right). I watch too much TV. On Monday, I can' t miss 24 and Prison Break (my favorite show) and there's also What About Brian. Tuesday, it's American Idol. Wednesday, it's American Idol (again), Lost, and I've just started watching Jericho. Thursday (ouch), it's American Idol, Survivor, CSI, and ER. There is always the smattering of Giants games, Sharks games, and during football season, all the Steeler games I can find.

With Tivo, it's a little too easy to catch up each night after putting the kids to bed. And while I admit to my shortcoming, tonight's shows will keep me coming back. Lost had its best episode in quite some time; the adventure, intrigue, inside humor, and suspense all came back tonight. Locke- what have you done? Again!? Hurley - who knew!?

As for American Idol, we sent off our 500 votes tonight, ~100 each for Gina, Lakisha, Melinda, Jordan, and Stephanie. Wow, the girls are so much better the guys. I would hope they'd change the rules and put 8 girls and 4 guys through to the final 12. Lakisha and Melinda are just amazing. Gina and Jordan have a ton of raw talent and it will be fun to watch them grow or fall during the season. In our house, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Chris Daughtry are at the top of our playlists, will there be an addition to that list this year?

Who's your favorite? Do you watch too much TV?

3 comments:

MOTHER OF MANY said...

If you enjoy watching TV to relax, then go for it.I love Lost but due to SKY and Virgin bickering we are not getting to see it here at the moment!

mysamiam said...

Ditto on the TV, but thank God for Tivo. I really do tell people that I believe I actually watch less tv now. I can wait till the kids are in bed, zoom through the commercials, cuts time in half. I can't stand to watch tv when it is live (must be adhd).

We are an Idol household as well. Hubby travels during the week though, so we have little dates on Fridays to get caught up on the couch being potatos!!!

Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

We love our Tivo! It helps with monitering how much TV Gabe watches and what he watches. Go Giegi, Go! is always on hand for a quick watch. We also tape American Idol (The girls are so much better, aren't they)CSI, Survivor, mythbusters and so much more. I feel as if I can actually watch TV with Tivo, because life comes with many interruptions and Tivo is there to pause when you need it :o)

Kristin