Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Our little aardvark

I'm sitting in a Children's ministry meeting at church tonight when I get a call from Cassidy. It wasn't a great time to break away in the meeting so I let it go to voicemail. A few seconds later, I get a text message - call me Dad, it's Grant.

Uh-oh. I step out and my mind is racing as to what might have happened at home.

When I call home, instead of Cassidy's frightened voice, I can see her smile right through the phone. "Dad, you'll never guess what Grant did tonight!".

"Um, I hope it's a good thing?"

"Yeah. He kept asking us for something but we couldn't understand him. It sound like "aaa" but we couldn't tell. He got really frustrated, but then he came downstairs and got on the computer. He got on pbskids.org, clicked on Arthur and then spelled out "Arthur" on his Magna Doodle and brought it to me. He wanted the little Arthur play figure so he could put in his play house."

I think Cassidy could see my smile through the phone too. Now THAT is communication! Great job, Grant!

2 comments:

mysamiam said...

What an awesome blessing. Your daughter sounds amazing as well. Praying for many more ways of communication to open up.

LAA and Family said...

Wow, that is fantastic! Aren't magnadoodles great!? I used to use a miniature one to write messages for my son at church!